Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23


Hello Mom,
About the baptism it was super sweet, both Laticia and Agnus bore there testimonies on Sunday and they were so powerful. it’s so awesome to seee!!! I didn’t get to baptize them, my companion. We are supposed to have 2 more on the 5th, but I’m not sure if they will happen. I don’t think the people are quite ready. That’s crazy about the mission in Tennessee, I just know if we didn’t baptize here, I don’t think many people would last. That must be very frustrating to see that. About the pictures that’s how I wear my ties. I learned how to tie a nice knot so now the tie is shorter, and I like it like that. I don’t have to worry about which tie I wear if its purple or gold or not. I wear my ties like I want to now Haha. That is the style out here, so I’m just trying to be African is all. Prince is just a little guy, he is 27 years old. We started teaching this new kid named Prince I think he commented on my profile pic on facebook so you can check him out. He is such a sweet kid. We are always teaching him, and his family is going to start coming to church next week. His dad came this week and he loved it!!! They have such a sweet family, they are super nice they always feed us and I always pound there fufu for them. Prince has a picture of me pounding the fufu. I will have to take one on my camera to show you how you do it. I have gotten a couple of letters from the McBride’s and the ward members that is really nice of them. I’m sending you guys a letter tomorrow in pouch so will see how long it takes.  Our interviews are tomorrow. So I’m excited to talk to him.  About the mission splitting, I have mixed feelings what mission I want to be in. I like Kumasi here. But there is way too much traffic, and they speak twi up here so I have learned some of that and if I go to cape coast they speak fanti. So I will know what mission I will be in by July. I bet I will stay up in Kumasi but will see. About transfers, they are in two weeks in the mtc president told me I would probably be training but I guess there are only 9 guys coming in this transfer so I don’t know if I will be training any more, will figure what we’re doing a week from Saturday. The weeks here go by so fast its crazy. I started reading Jesus the Christ, it is such an awesome book. I didn’t know much about Jesus Christ, but I’m 200 pages in now and I have learned so much its crazy. Jesus Christ is amazing, it’s weird to think that he was just like us, he was tempted many times, but he just chose to stick to the plan and stay perfect. I am so grateful for our savior and the atonement. I can’t even imagine what he went through for us. I have had the worst dreams here this week, every night I dream that I’m coming home or that I’m way into my mission then I wake up and I have only been here for 2 months it’s frustrating haha. But it has stopped the past couple nights, there the worst nightmares you could ever have hahaha. I follow the rules to exactness don’t worry it’s too scary out here if you don’t do that. I need the Lord’s help in all I do, I can’t do it by myself, no way!!! I love you all and have an awesome week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment