Monday, December 12, 2011

Greetings from Africa


Greeting from Africa,


Wellllllllll im am doing fine here, but I must say it  is a lot different here, and I am still trying to adjust. The work here is just really frustrating no one is serious, we were supposed to have a ton of investigators come to church this week, and then everyone just bails and makes up excuses. Yesterday was really frustrating and hard cause we worked so hard ths week, we taught 30 lessons, then no one showed up. I need to keep trying and workin my hardest cause I know the Lord will bless us.  I went on splits with Elder Wheeler this week he is from Woods Cross I have been to a dance, in his group, and golfed with him before. He is a sweet man and an awesome missionary.  The baptism went good, except for the person that we baptized showed up 1 hour 50 minutes late haha. WE were about to start the baptism, but luckily she came right when we were about to start. I received a lot of envelopes so thank you how many packages are coming?? This week went really well except for yesterday we have a ton of new investigators, and we taught a ton of lessons. This week was pretty crazy, remember those rat things that Bishop Christensen showed us? Well i definitely had to eat one of those things.  I thought I was gonna die for sure. My stomach wasn’t too happy with me either after that. I had to eat it there is nothing I can do about it haha. I wish you could understand what it is like here, there are millions of people trying to get taxis and vans to get home, and we had to get from lets say ogden to centerville something like that distance. Well we waited for a van for about 40 minutes and we couldn’t get one. It’s late at night so this water truck pulls up, and and a bunch of people hop in the back of it for a ride home.  Then guy gets mad at us for getting in there, cause its illegal for him. Then he sees that we are white, so he says that we can take us if we wanna jump in the back. Everyone just loved us in the truck! They said the only reason that we would be able to do this is cause were American ahah. It was pretty crazy! We drove all the way home on these dirt roads in the back of the pick up truck. hahaha. I probably shouldn’t of told you this but I just did so i’m sorry! I love you! have a good week






Elder Francom and Elder Wheeler from Woods Cross! 




His Washing machine
Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment