Monday, December 5, 2011


Antwe is like my favorite investigator so far, I love the guy. He is so awesome, and loves God so much. We teach him about every night, we are introducing the Book of Mormon tonight, so will see how that goes. Its what gets the investigators to come to our church. We meet at like a house, its actually connected to our apartment. I don’t understand anything so I just read the scriptures or study twi. The power has been out about everyday this week. I have had to shower with bags of water, and buckets of water. They don’t know how to keep the power going. I’m doing good this week was rough but I’m alright. We met an new investigator that some one introduced to us, so we went and taught him on Monday. We start by getting to know them, so we did that and then we asked if he had any questions for us. Well when we asked that he pulled out about 50 papers and it was all about things just ripping on our church. He is Jehovah’s Witness and he wasn’t there to learn. He just wanted to contend with us.  He is like a 35 year old school teacher, and one of our members  who is 16, is his student. She heard our lesson with him and then was telling her sister how she believed the guy. So we went to the girls house to teach her and tell her what he was saying was all false. Then we found out that the Jehovah’s Witness guy is her boyfriend. He is 35 and She is 16! This Africa place is nuts.] and people just believe anything anyone says. On the bright side of this week we did get two baptismal dates, we are baptizing our investigator Daniel and Grace this Saturday! I’m pretty excited about that! Daniel is 18 and he’s a cool kid I have taught him about 5 times. Grace only speaks Twi so I don’t know her to well we have to have a translator when we teach her. It was funny these girls came up to us this week, and said they wanted to hear our message. I knew they weren’t serious, so I kinda walked away. My companion talked to them and gave them our number to call us if they wanted us to teach them. Well they call us about 4 times a day now and want to know where we live and stuff!! They are Crazy! I love you all so much. I’m healthy just so you know. If I don’t email you one Monday it’s cause the power is out so don’t worry. I will email you as soon as it gets back on

1 comment: