Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 27


Mother,
Hello, how are you doing this week? That is good that you met Elder Smith!! He is so sweet I love him; I hope that he is doing well.But anyways I am glad that you were able to get to see him and know him some. How long did he stay at the house for? It’s true I used to have a big bucket full of food. Now I just have a bag hahah. I still have a lot but not as much as I used to. He is such a nice an awesome guy. As you can see I’m still a crazy guy sometimes. I really have changed a lot and am loving my time here. This week they split the branch where I am at. So now they are having two branches in Obuasi. We are going to get to open the new branch when they find a building but until then we will still be in he same place. President took us out for dinner at this really nice place it was awesome!! I love the president and the Zolls. One of the branch members just went to the mtc he is there with Elder Hintze, the member emailed me and sent a picture of all of them. He is looking like he is doing well. So everything is going really well. I will now share some experiences I had this week. So this week was the most spiritual week of my life. I have worked really hard on my mission but this week we worked extra hard we stepped up to a new level. I don’t know something really changed in me my whole mission I have tried to become better each week. But this week it was different I really was determined to have an awesome week, and become better. These last couple of weeks I have read my patriartical blessing everyday. I have a lot of blessings that it promises if I am faithful will come out of my mission. I felt as some of them haven’t really happened yet.  Like I said last week to be extra ordinary you have to do things extraordinary or prepare that way or practice that way. The spirit really touched me and helped to know these things will all come to pass I just need to make it happen and allow them to happen. So it all changed on Monday. I cleaned everything. I folded everything and just cleaned up my whole place. Then it went on to Tuesday. I had one of the best personal study times I have had my whole mission. So that all led in to the whole week. We were exact obedient to the T. We were teaching seven lessons a day, getting 10 numbers a day of new investigators. It was funny one night my companion was so happy we were just rejoicing for help that God has given us this week. We were walking home and it was dark he was singing I think called to serve loud and like snapping and dancing it was funny these guys probably thought we were crazy.  we were seriously so happy, and full of the spirit of God. The whole week it was like this just happy as ever, knowing that God is blessing so much and it wasn’t us doing this but we were instruments in the hand of God. Then something happened Friday. We had scheduled 8 appointments that day. That morning I was by six like always and we did a hard leg work out and I was just dead tired. Well that day everyone failed us but 2 people, what a crappy day it was we were trying to walk around and to contact but we were just so tired. It was a rough day. I wondered why this would happen. We being exact obedient missionaries and still all these people are failing us. After being a little angry and impatient I realized this is happening for a reason. I needed to know why this trial had come. God gives us trials to make us strong. Sometimes are disobedience brings us trials too. But for this we were being obedient. So really thought that whole night why. I didn’t get it. The next morning something hit me and I knew exactly why that happened. I really learned a strong lesson out of this that morning. It changed my attitude again I was full of the spirit and ready to go out and work. We were seeing my favorite investigator we just contacted. His name is David he just finished college is very humble and smart. I have been praying for him hard to be touched by the spirit. Well this day a miracle happened. One thing I know is when you are exact obedient miracles happen. WE were teaching him about God and Christ and his baptism. We were teaching him the spirit was so strong bearing testimony and you could see that he was feeling the spirit. All of the sudden I look and one our members, was down where we are. I asked him to come and sit with us and help us teach. He came and heard our teachings and was like wait elder francom I want to bear testimony. So he did and it was strong and David really felt the spirit that day, later that lesson we invited him to church. Then after we invited him to be baptized. He accepted both. I know if we keep our faith he will progress and with the help of our heavenly father he will be baptized. The crazy story about the member is he lives 7 miles away from where we were. He was waiting around for his interview which was coming in about 2 hours at church. But the place we were wasn’t even close to the church and we were in a corner, in this house which is in the middle of nowhere. It was truly a miracle God really blessed us that day and if I wouldn’t have learned that wonderful lesson it wouldn’t have happened. The member used to be a catholic to so he bore testimony about that. David came to church and loved it. We are just praying and hoping he will continue to exercise his faith. I know God is with us when we are obedient especially when we are exact obedient. I had the most spiritual week of my life. It was amazing. The church is true and I am sorry this email was so long but I hope you understand how powerful of an experience it was. God truly led that man to us. We never called him or anything that was the first time he said he has ever been to that place before. Well anyways I love you all!!! Thank you for everything I haven’t got the package yet but I might get it tonight when we go to Kumasi.

No comments:

Post a Comment