Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13


Mother,
I am doing really fine. We had another successful and hard week.  That is awesome about the baby. I can’t wait to see her. She is so dang cute. It was funny this week this girl in the branch she is like 13 years old she has been begging me to see the family, she is so funny. She always asks about you guys. She wants to be my sister, well anyways I finally brought her the pictures after her asking me forever, and then she wanted one she said if I gave her a picture she would give me something. So I gave her one and then she gave me this teddy bear that says I love you on it. It was funny the Bolls were at our church this Sunday so I hurried and hid it in my back pack so they didn’t think I was having a girlfriend in Ghana hahaha. Any way wow what a wonderful experience I had this week that I will share with you. So anyway nothing goes right in Ghana if you didn’t know that already. So they built a font at our branch and got it all done. But then they didn’t realize we didn’t have a water to fill it up our branch is up on the hill far up so the wale they dug, when they got like 60 feet down there still wasn’t water. So yeah, it was Saturday the day before the baptism still no water they promised we would have water, but nothing works out here. So me, Elder Lemor, two of our investigators that I paid to work with us, and the branch president bucketed water in for 4 hours. This bucketing water in was not easy either. I’ll try and let you picture it. So I would say maybe down by the Perkins we were getting this water which is far, I’m carrying like I would say 8 gallons of water in this bucket on top of my head I have pics of it but anyway, we would have to come all the way up the hill just like our street it really is just  like it but instead there is rocks and dirt and a bunch of black people laughing at you cause they think it’s funny obruni (Whiteman) can carry a bucket of water on their head like them. So we did this for 4 hours in the morning. I was dead, it was like trying to fill up Laura's sweeeeeeeet swimming pool by bucketing it from Perkins it toooook forever!!!!!!! But after 4 hours we were really about 1/4 of the way done, but at twelve this guy came and was like we will have pipes up to the font so you guys need to stop. So we did, then it came about 7 at night. Still nothing happened, no water so then me and Sagers decided we needed to fetch water again, so this time we were walking up the hill in the dark tripping over rocks cause you can’t see at all. By the time I got my bucket to the font at least half of the water was spilled on me.  My shoes are still not dry, but anyway we were doing this till midnight!!!! I spent 8 hours bucketing water for our baptism the funny part about it was we only got it half full. Sunday came what a sweet day on my mission it honestly was probably happiest moment I felt in my life. Beating Bingham when down by 8 in the state playoffs was pretty sweet, but  seeing 8 people enter the waters of baptism and make a covenant with God, there is nothing like it. Living the Gospel and doing exactly what our heavenly father would want me to do brings true happiness. Seeing all the hard work pay off and seeing the happiness all of those 8 people felt that day was an experience I won’t ever forget. The Zolls came up for it all and I videoed a lot of it, they said they were going to put it all on facebook so you will have to look. It is sweet to hear that everyone back at home is doing well.  Zone conference went well; the spirit really helped me out in my talk. I think it really went well. The zone conference was awesome. It was the best one I have been too. This new president is awesome and so is his wife. Every couple missionary here is just awesome. The Zolls especially, they come out to Obuasi quite a bit and help us out. Elder Zoll knows how hard this area is so he is always helping us out. They are going to split the branch in 2 weeks so that will be sweet. I am still applying the cream. I will be for the rest of my mission. Elder smith will be calling you hopefully one Wednesday or Thursday. I hope you can go to elder Briggs and elder Smiths farewell. Make sure that you talk to them after and introduce yourself to them. I love them both.  O yah I got the packages this week!!!! Thank you so much mom they were so sweet. I loved them so much!!!!! YOu are the best; I thank you for all you do. thank you mother talk to the Zolls on face book they have been with us a lot they are awesome you will have to go to their homecoming when they get home!! Love you so much!!!

The Font


No comments:

Post a Comment