Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 18

Mother!!!
I am glad that you had an awesome time in Washington. That is sweet that you got to go up there hopefully you will get to see the baby a lot. It is hard not being home, but I have kinda forgot about home I don’t really ever think about home. I am glad that the baby and Annemarie are healthy! That is good news. Well Obuasi is sweet. So this last week has maybe been the hardest couple days I have had on mission so far. I was having a hard time with the change. Where we stay is hard, so our apartment and church is like 30 minutes away from our area so it’s hard in always. Just to get to our area we have to pay 1 cedi.  Mostly every day we pay up to five cedis on travel just to go out and teach the people. We still get the same amount of money and don’t get reimbursed for it. So it’s just a tough area but the good news is that they are going to open up a branch in our area. So I think that will happen maybe in August. Once we go out of our apartment. We can’t come back till around 8 at night. So we just have to eat at the places every day. The change was really tough leaving people you love and a sweet area. I had one of the most powerful experiences, this week. I was really just uncomfortable and all of that, so I was praying so much relying upon God like I never have before. Well the next day was awesome it was like God was right with me helping me through all of my trials helping them become better. That day we had 5 lessons, they were some of the best lessons I have had on mission. The spirit was so strong it touched everyone’s heart we taught that day. It went from having the worst week of my mission to probably having the best day of my mission. God lives and is with us as we are obedient and invite him into our lives. We can pray for anything as long as it is god’s will and we have the faith he will answer, God will answer our prayers I have experienced it strongly this week. So my companion is awesome. We are working reallllly hard. We are both determined to get this area going. Cause in the last 6 months I think they have had maybe 1 or 2 baptisms. Right now we have some investigators that our really progressing. It’s not like my old area where you can have 8 investigators to church. Most of our investigators live about 70 peswas down. So unless they really have the faith they won’t come. But we got 4 to church. We contacted this sweet family on Friday and the older sister and all of the kids came to church it was awesome. The kids here are so funny. Always asking if I will take them home with me. If only I could!!!!!!!!!! But anyway, so far I just love my companion we  are already way good friends. It’s crazy we are a  lot alike we both like to have a lot of fun. You would probably get annoyed of him cause he does a lot of dumb things like I do just makes ridiculous jokes with people but I love it. I really am going to enjoy being with this guy. He has already taught me a lot. The one thing I see in him is he really knows how to get to these African people cause he is African so I am learning that. The members are really helping us too, so right now the area is just awesome besides the first days. Obuasi is the second biggest mining town in Africa. So everyone that lives here works for the mines. Which means that there is a lot of foreigners and everything here is a lot more expensive? WE are way far away from everyone. The closest person that lives to us is about 2 hours away. But that’s okay I like the people in the apartment. So we have to travel to Kumasi tonight so I am rushed on time its 5 here now and we have to go soon. So I think I am only going to write you and Laura and Anna so make sure and send this out to the family and tell them sorry. Sorry if I didn’t answer all your questions but I will next week when I have more time!!! Love you Mom have a good week!!!
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment