Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 2


Mother,

Happy MOnday! MOndays are good days for missionaries. Today is a holiday in Ghana I guess ,which they close down everything ,I am down to 1 cedis, and Elder  Lemor and my companion have no money. We tried to go withdraw money but every atm in this city is closed!!! So we will have to go and get it tomorrow. We didn’t find any wild animals on our hike so it was okay.  Our apartment is like 5 minutes away from the chapel, so we are really close. I think the new area we are teaching in will be a lot more successful. The old area they didn’t have like any success. Yeah the church is the same just a lot of Twi. This branch is actually a lot more helpful and more official then my last branch. Like last Saturday they did a big activity and played soccer and also played like musical chairs and stuff so that was fun. I love this area but I made a lot of close friendships in my last area and maybe it will just take time. There is this woman in our branch who is like 52 she is awesome , a really nice lady.   I am trying to set her up with bempa owusu cause he is also not married it was funny. She told me that she will let me know when she decides, she reminded me of you!!! But you can’t really do anything on p day especially out here cause it’s so far. Mother I am in Africa do you want me to go golfing or bowling or something like that? You have any suggestions what we should do? Cause I don’t have any!!!  (  Ryan said this because I was teasing him about his hike last P Day.  I said, “ Isn’t that what you do everyday, can’t you play basketball or something?”  )   Elder Lemors new companion is Elder Sagers. He is fromTwin Falls, Idaho. He is a cool guy. WE are meeting the new president on Wednesday so we will go to Kumasi then.  Yeah I think I got all of the packages that everyone sent me they were awesome. I love everything that everyone sends there is nothing that I don’t like!!! I like the protein powder. I also like the one that grandma sent too!! We are having a baptism this week. We are baptizing this mother and daughter, they are both so sweet. I love them so much and am so excited for them and the decision that they are making!! It’s so funny every Sunday there are these three kids that come to church. One day we invited them into our gate to play soccer and they loved it and we invited them to come to church again.   Little did we know they knocked at the gate at 8 in the morning ready to go. It is so funny they love the church. I will have to take a picture with them soon. There is one boy named Joel he is 11,  Pastor he is 11, and one that is 7. Yeah the money withdrawal is right. I have been spending a lot of money here its tough because travel was a lot and my companion ran out of money last week so I have been using my money to pay for his food too. I think I will be okay with the conference dvds. But thank you. Well mother I love you so much and have a great time up in Washington!!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, I think it is SO sweet and wonderful how you call your mom "Mother". I think you are the ONLY person I know who does that. I find it very endearing and respectful of you. :)

    Your mom visited me on Sunday- I have had a recent total knee replacement and she brought me some of her famous sugar cookies. To die for!! She surely loves you and is so proud of you and your choice to serve a mission. I think it is AWESOME that you are the first missionary's life she is a part of. :)

    I was looking at some of the photos we took of your family just before your farewell. What a handsome and beautiful family you have. And, that new baby is SOOO precious and also beautiful. I know you will be the ever-doting uncle on that little lass. Mark my word, she will have you wrapped around her little finger and you will love EVERY minute of it!! ;)

    I told your mom what a wonderful job you did with your farewell. I know you are an amazing missionary and I am so proud of you and so happy to know you and your family. I love you and hope you will have an excellent week.

    Stay safe, follow the Spirit, love your companion, serve the people, and have a happy day. :) Cheryl

    ReplyDelete